Prizes, Awards, & fellowships
The ASEH offers a variety of competitive prizes and awards. More information and application instructions can be found using the links.
Prizes for Scholarship (applications)
- George Perkins Marsh Prize (best book in environmental history)
- Leopold-Hidy Prize for best article in journal Environmental History (with Forest History Society)
- ASEH Alice Hamilton Prize (best article outside Environmental History)
- ASEH Rachel Carson Prize (best dissertation)
- ASEH-FHS Graduate Essay Prize (best unpublished essay by a graduate student)
Awards for Service and Achievement (nominations)
- Distinguished Scholar Award
- Lisa Mighetto Distinguished Service Award
- Public Outreach Project Award (presented every two years to an environmental history project that engages the public).
- Distinguished Career in Public Environmental History (presented every two years to an individual who has promoted environmental history to the public over time).
Research Fellowships (applications)
- Hal Rothman Dissertation Fellowship (graduate students)
- J. Donald Hughes Graduate Research Fellowship (graduate students)
- Equity Graduate Student Fellowship (graduate students)
- ASEH-Newberry Library Fellowship (open-rank)
- Samuel P. Hays Research Fellowship (open-rank)