The Local Arrangements Committee has organized 10 exciting adventures for conference attendees, nine on Friday afternoon, March 24, 2023, and a post-conference field trip on Sunday, March 26, 2023. Space is limited, so sign up now on the registration page.
NOTE: Field trips will use public transportation if possible. ASEH is subsidizing student fees to increase access to field trips.
AS OF MARCH 15, 2023, WE ARE NO LONGER FIELD TRIP AND EVENT REGISTRATIONS. FINAL FOOD AND ATTENDANCE NUMBERS HAVE BEEN SUBMITTED. IT MAY BE POSSIBLE TO REGISTER FOR FIELD TRIPS ONSITE IF SPACE IS AVAILABLE.
FRIDAY MARCH 24
1. Walden Pond 12:15 – 5:00 pm [SOLD OUT]
2. Deer Island 12:30 - 5:00 pm [SOLD OUT]
3. Birding at Mount Auburn Cemetery and Fresh Pond 12:30 – 5:00 pm
4. Boston's Southwest Corridor Walking Tour 1:00 - 4:00 pm
5. Harvard Museum of Natural History 1:00 - 4:00 pm [SOLD OUT]
6. Environmental History Walking Tour of Downtown Boston 1:30 - 3:30 pm [SOLD OUT]
7. Boston Harbor Boat Tour 12:15 - 5:00 pm
8. Arnold Arboretum Walking Tour 12:15 - 5:00 pm
9. Tour of the Leventhal Map & Education Center and the Boston Public Library 1:00 - 3:00 pm [SOLD OUT]
Leader: Garrett Nelson Dash
10. Harvard Forest and UMass Amherst Design Building 8:30 am – 6:00 pm