1. The president shall serve as the presiding officer of electronic meetings of the executive committee. Electronic communications shall take place via a secure executive committee Listserv or bulletin board.
2. A proposed time line for discussing and acting on a resolution/ motion shall be established by the president and communicated to the executive committee at the beginning of the processing of any resolution/motion.
3. The process for discussing and acting on resolutions/motions shall include the following:
a. The resolution/motion shall be posted and discussion shall begin.
b. At a designated time, discussion on the main motion shall stop and secondary motions shall be presented and acted upon.
c. After the period for secondary motions has been completed, the resolution in its final form shall be posted for discussion and voting and no additional secondary motions shall be allowed.
4. Proposed secondary motions must be submitted to the president within the required time limits. The president is authorized to consolidate, reword, prioritize, and present to the executive committee the secondary motions that are submitted. Prioritization shall be based on parliamentary principles and efficient and effective conduct of executive committee business.
5. The president shall have the authority to move to postpone a resolution/motion to the next face-to-face meeting of the executive committee based upon the following criteria: (a) complexity and number of secondary motions applied to the main motion; (b) determination by the president that it is in the best interest of ASEH to postpone taking action on the resolution/motion.
6. When posting an electronic message related to a resolution/ motion, executive committee members shall use a format that includes: (a) a heading indicating the resolution/motion number, whether they are speaking for the motion (pro), in opposition to the motion (con), or asking for information (point of information); (b) a closing for each message that includes the committee member’s name.
7. Each message posted by a executive committee member shall be a message written by the executive committee member. Forwarding a message from a non-executive committee member is prohibited.
8. Voting shall be conducted only during the voting period, which shall be a minimum of one week for main motions and three business days for secondary motions.
9. The President shall have the authority to rule that a message is out of order and notify the executive committee of the ruling.
10. For those resolutions/motions that address issues related to specific ASEH committees, the chair of that body shall be subscribed to the executive committee Listserv for the period of discussion of that resolution/motion. The chair shall be able to provide clarification and information to the council through the president but may not enter into debate or vote.
11. As at meetings of the executive committee, a quorum shall consist of the President OR the Vice President and any other five voting members.